Voith Turbo – Variable Speed Power Transmissions and Variable Speed Drives
Voith Turbo Power Transmissions, a member of the VOITH Group of Companies, Heidenheim, Germany, is a leading manufacturer of hydrodynamic variable speed power transmissions and variable speed drives for applications in the offshore oil and gas industries. Our products can be used in conjunction with process pumps and compressors, pipeline pumps and compressors and injection pumps and compressors.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, VARIABLE SPEED DRIVES DIVISION
- Variable Speed Turbo Coupling
- Geared Variable Speed Coupling
- Multi Stage Variable Drive VORECON®
- Torque converter
- Drive engineering, commissioning and field support
Generally motor driven, high horsepower applications such as: residual gas compressors, process pumps, process compressors, pipeline compressors, pipeline pumps, injection pumps, injection compressors, off-loading pumps and export pumps.
TECHNICAL DATA, LIMITS AND DESIGN STANDARDS
- Input side speed: Any prime mover, typical are 4 or 2 pole motors with 1500/1800 or 3000/3600 rpm input speed. Gas turbines with higher or recip engines with lower speed can also be used e.g. for attaching auxiliary drives
- Output side speed: High speed turbo compressors are normally operating in a range of 6000 to 20000 rpm.
- Transmitted power: The range reaches from 500 kW to 50000 kW demand power
- Design standards: DIN, ISO and API standards can be applicable
WHY USE VOITH VARIABLE SPEED DRIVES?
Recently, there has been a trend in electrical variable speed drives for major processing and conveying equipment. With the increasing complexity of offshore installation, central power generation becomes highly effective. In addition, environmental concerns force the use of low emission equipment. In comparison with gas turbines, electric motor drives are more efficient and emit less pollution even when considering the whole power generation and transmission process. By using VORECON®, availability is increased and the need for maintenance is reduced drastically.
Extremely high reliability and availability records keep outage risk to a minimum, while investment costs are kept within budget.
A standard, robust, reliable and high efficiency synchronous or induction motor can be used. Mechanical components supply compact and clear drive arrangement and there are no major secondary costs for harmonic filters, protection equipment etc..
Our quality management system complies with ISO 9001. All products are calculated, designed and manufactured according to relevant standards. For permanent quality improvement VOITH TURBO runs an ongoing program to gain improvements in quality by each employee.
Engineering and delivery of single drives or whole drive arrangements including selection of connecting couplings, instrumentation, electrical wiring according specifications, integrated oil supply system for all drive components, torsional analysis, commissioning and training for site personnel.